Sunday 9 November 2008

worlds apart


Nikon D80 | 1/250 seconds | f 5.0 | ISO 160 | 50 mm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like people that are open to pose for me. Me, a complete stranger. I’m not so willing to do so in return, but this is another story. Resuming… I remember the character in this shoot very well. He was standing on the gravel in the old tower square in Sighisoara. Where else if not in Sighisoara, the place most surprising in all Romania, could you find such interesting face? I’ve noticed him, the pipe and… the neatly interior of his wide-opened backpack. He was a photographer. I smiled and he smiled right back at me and what I recall most of that moment is that, even if we didn’t have a real conversation, we understood each other perfectly because we were talking the… nikon language. Worlds apart, just a detail, same passion. Isn’t it strange how just a few seconds can create such great memories?


4 comments:

Nomade said...

Photographers don't like so much to be shooted ? No ?
Anyway, that's a great portrait.
Perfect contrasts for a B&W

romina said...

wow.. two in a row. this is new even for me:). did i mentioned that i'm a little paranoiac? and now i'm making all kind of scenarios about your identity? but, everyone has the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. so, as a photography lover as you must be i'm just curious to see more of your work. i'm sure that you have more than a bull in your portfolio :) so? why don't you share more? :)
anyway, thanks for your appreciations and you are always welcomed here (didn't feel so? sorry. i'm a little unfriendly sometimes)

Nomade said...

A Bull? Oh God you mean my blogspot page ?
lol forget it
No i'm nouvelledimension.ch, it's quite difficult to leave a simple comment here.
But I still like your text and pictures and i'll come back again :)

romina said...

oh.. sorry for the treatment :). my experience with people taught me to be cautious. maybe too much sometimes. anyway.. now is all clear, i remember clearly even the comment i let you in the first place. i have nothing to worry, just to envy you for your great portraits. in a positive way of course :).
it's true that i made this blog for me and my thoughts and i would continue posting even if nobody would visit it, but.. i must admit that it's an interesting feeling to receive someones appreciation.
i'm glad you like also what i write, most of my friends say that is too much to read and they take a quick look at the photo and that's it. so.. thanks for your time.